The health and safety of all who attend Gateway Church is vitally important, and with the ever-changing picture of the current Coronavirus outbreak, we will constantly review internal measures to reduce the risk of infection.
Our current Policy is to provide specific advice on personal hygiene measures. Our advice and actions will be based on the latest and most up to date information from a variety of reliable international bodies and government agencies including the UK Government, Public Health Wales (PHW), Public Health England (PHE) and World Health Organisation (WHO).
Additionally, we recommend that anyone who considers themselves to be in a category of the population which is considered to be ‘at increased risk’, and are unsure about attending services and meetings, to stay away if they prefer, with our complete understanding.
If anyone is feeling unwell with any of the symptoms of high temperature or persistent cough, we strongly advise they follow NHS guidelines, and self-isolate, to reduce the risk to others, especially those who may have pre-existing medical conditions”.
Social Distancing 24/7/2020
In light of the latest Government advice regarding 'Social Distancing', we have generally closed the building to the public, although our offices remain available via telephone and email.
However, we are now opening for 'In Person Services' on Sunday mornings. Places are limited to ensure compliance with Social Distancing Guidance.
Our services continue to be live streamed.
To ensure the continued safety of everyone, we have the following guidelines in place:
- Attendance at an 'In Person Service' requires booking in advance through our website (http://www.gatewaychurch.wales/about-us/sunday-mornings).
- In order to support the NHS Test and Trace programme, we are taking contact details (name and telephone number) and temperature for all staff and visitors, as well as recording times entering Gateway Church Abergavenny.
In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details safely and in compliance with GDPR legislation for 21 days before securely disposing of or deleting them.
- We will only share your details with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event that it is needed to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- We will not use your details for any other purposes or pass them on to anyone else.
- We request that anyone with a persistent cough kindly refrain from attending our services in person, until all symptoms have cleared up.
- We advise that if you feel unwell, you should not attend our services in person.
Thank you for your understanding.
We have made appropriate arrangements for our worship services and bible school to be live-streamed.
Our LifeGroups and other meetings are continuing, but in a 'virtual environment' only.
The UK Government has published a Coronavirus Action Plan. We review this and update the guidance on our website as needed.
All guidance will continue to reflect appropriate Public Health advice.
Our guidance is kept under constant review.